Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WELCOME HOME RICK!!!

WOO HOOO!! He is finally home safe & sound!

Steph & I went to the Chesapeake Bay bridge/tunnel with a few other wives in the morning to watch them go by. There is a restaurant there so we figured we would sit & have lunch while we waited for them. After we ordered, one of the wives went to get her camera from her car. She saw the boat way out on the horizon so we thought we had time-well we sort of did. We were close to being finished eating & she ran out to check & they were hauling butt right past us! We told the waitress as we ran out we would be right back-no really we would...lol...just wanted to be sure she didn't think we were running out without paying! Anyway we had to run down the fishing pier & I was able to get a few shots like the one above. So we rushed back in & payed & ran back to our house to pick up Justin.

The boat pulling into the pier.

The crowd.

So they moved the spot where they were suppose to pull into & it was further away from where they had everyone waiting, so no one could really see the boat very well (they were suppose to pull right up next to the parking/waiting area so that everyone could watch). The ombudsman asked if our photographer (that was me of course) could go down with the media crew to get photos of them pulling in. Comes in handy to be a photographer sometimes I guess!

He's so cute!

When Rick was in sonar he was always topside but the job he has on this boat he isn't usually up there. I didn't even know he was there when I was shooting away! When we I said something about it being a bummer he wasn't topside anymore he was like-what are you talking about I can go where ever I want now! You were looking right at me, I was standing there acting like I was supervising! He knew I would be the unofficial official photographer so I guess he wanted to see everything! He is too funny.

Getting tied up.


All changed & ready to get off the boat. He is so darn handsome!



Justin was the first to run to him. That's the back of his head. Our friend Tiffany was snapping photos at this point.



Then Steph got her hug.



My turn!!!!


So happy he is home!

I am going to ask my good photographer friend, Chris, who is way better than I am at photoshop to get rid of the kid growing out of Ricks head :)


I still can't believe it over!

No comments: